FOCUS 2012 Goals
FOCUS 2012 is a five-year campaign and is designed to maintain an intense concentration on the two key areas where we can emphasize our commitment to the safe and responsible management of our facilities and products:
- Target Zero Environment, Health & Safety Incidents
- Reduced Environmental Footprint
Driven by the same energy and enthusiasm that holds firm our commitment to the principals of the Responsible Care®, the FOCUS goals are ambitious framework to reduce the company's environmental footprint, demonstrating product stewardship and proving our ongoing commitment to improving environmental performance.
Measurements around our goal targets will be published annually beginning in April 2009.
MEGlobal has launched a set of longer term (five year) stretch goals to show increased emphasis to reducing the company’s environmental footprint, demonstrating product stewardship as well as an ongoing commitment to improving environmental performance.
MEGlobal has set goals of zero in these areas of:
- Personal Injuries and Illness
- Loss of Primary Containments (LOPCs)
- Process Safety Incidents
- Government Agency Reportables
- Motor Vehicle Incidents
Reduced Enviromental Footprint
Using 2005 as a baseline, by 2012 MEGlobal aims to achieve:
- 70% reduction inpriority chemical emissions
- 80% reduction in chemical emissions
- 40% reduction in CO2 emissions intensity
- 15% reduction in fresh water usage